Skip to main content

The missionary situation now

 Good mornig readers!

So, now we have covered a little tiny blip of my history with missionary work and the missionaries. Let me know in the comments if there is something special you would like me to write about. I can try to do my best.

Back to the current day. After the lovely children I had in 2021-2022 I was a little out of the system because I had to be at the hospital farther away for a month and could not see the missionaries because it was too far for them to visit. (I was there in the Fall of 2022). This year I have seemed to skip the spring time blues and subsequent visit at the mental hospital I usually experience each spring. Thank you missionaries for helping me skip it! 

Anyway. When I was back in the swing of things I got a new calling at church: the music coordinator of the music at our Sunday meetings. One of our elders serving currently here is really talented at playing the piano and organ. He has been helping out in our ward and it has been awesome. We got new missionaries and everyone left except the musical elder lol. It was really a good thing he stayed. I told him when we knew someone was leaving: Don't leave or we won'r have a pianist for Sundays. I kinda jinxed it because he didn't leave but all the others were transferred. What a tragedy... (Sarcasm?) lol No, just kidding. I got really surprised at the mass departure hahhah.

 Then the new missionaries, all the elders and the two sisters came to visit me every now and then. We organised and cleaned my home, they are very helpful. My back is bad so I have a hard time doing everything at home. Also, my depression and anxiety do not help one bit...

At some point I went for it :D I asked if they would like to be my bonus children. They said yes and here we are. I have four sons and two daughters here now in my home city. I really like them  and want to help them. They can be themselves at my home and I sometimes feed them some ice cream  or something. 

I must say that I have not been this at home with all the missionaries before them. I really feel like we were meant to be this "bonus family".They have helped me so much. I have gotten a blessing and they always take good care of me so I do not feel alone at church etc. Bless them, they are working so hard and I am so proud of them.

Ooh, and I was asked to write an article to the church magazine Liahona in Finnish about missionary work! We took a picture of our family and it will be featured in Liahona in July 2023! WOW! I am excited.

Yep. That is a little update.

More later!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfers: Update

 Dear all,¨ I hope you are all doing well. I am really happy but I am so sorry I haven't updated this blog in a long time... There has been some changes. I mean transfers :D lol. I have spent a lot of time in my hometown Jakobstad. I have been so blessed and happy that my bonus son elder Stratford has served there for the past month. It is his final transfer :( I know. It is sad...  I have been so blessed and grateful to get to know elder Stratford. He has been a good example and a very nice friend and bonus son. He is a good example to everyone. He is very social and friendly. It is very hard to feel alone or unnoticed in his company. He makes people feel seen and appreciated. At least he has taken good care of me and been a great support and friend.  I hope we can meet in Utah next year, I am still planning on going there next summer.  We have got new missionaries to Tampere! :) Three new elders and one new sister! :) I am just getting to know them but at least they seem friendly

My trip to Finland's old capitol: TURKU and fun times with the missionaries...

  Good morning! :) How goes it? I am happy and I am going to the Temple today with my best friend from my ward... Anywhooo... I visited Turku/Åbo at the end of November. It was a blast. I spent four days in the old capitol of my country, which in my humble opinion should have been kept as the capitol... As a person from Tampere/Tammerfors I should maybe expected to NOT like Turku, but like my father - I do like Turku and have liked it for a long time. I stayed at my friends' place and they were so kind to me and I could "do my stuff" there in peace, like reading, writing and listening to music. I also loved attending the zoom -meetings that I had during my stay. My lovely friends are originally from Jyväskylä. We have known each other for years... Sorry, long intro... :D  I spent four fabulous days in Turku. On Thursday I arrived and didn't meet with the missionaries that day, I rested from my trip to Turku. I arrived in the morning. OK. Sorry for the long backstory.

Boss/Mom and her excellent children :)

 Good afternoon! This post is about two things: 1. How awesome missionaries are 2. How I am always on their side come what may SO. There has been a little break from last week's Tuesday until this week's Tuesday when I couldn't go to church or the activities at church. I had the flu... :( A little remnants still but almost okay now. I went to Game night this week on Tuesday. It was good. I spent a lot of time talking with one of the sisters and we played the piano for each other.. Then I also got a blessing because my anxiety has been acting up again. I must say, our elder Heaton is like a big brother, even to me! :) So wise and je ne sais quoi. Just a really good person. I am so grateful for all my bonus children.  I do not really remember if I told you in this blog that I am saving up money to go to Utah next year with my mom :) I have never been there. We have two relatives and their families living in Salt Lake City... I have like a billion children in Utah lol. Not a b