Skip to main content

Asking for help from the missioanries... Impossible?

 Hey!

I just read a post by a Finnish missionary serving in Sweden (where I lived 12 years while studying). It was about why people in Sweden or in general do not accept help or do not want to ask for help from the missionaries... This is making me really sad. Some people (many people) in both Sweden and Finland want to do everything themselves and be strong, have SISU and they are kinda proud in a way...

If the missionaries want to help with shoveling snow or something, it is NOT because they want to convert people. Still this is the perception of many people who are not memnbers in the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints... Finns especially want to do everything themselves and think they are weak if they ask for help. WRONG! You will have to be strong and humble if you ask for help, because we really can not do everything in life without some help.

I am kinda too brave maybe lol :D I ask the missionaries to come visit me and help me clean, organise books and other things, even do the dishes. I have a problem with my back, I can not clean the kitty litter box without severe pain in my lower back and I often get help with that too. One thing I wish that people would have taught ME as a young person is helping and serving more, I really have a hard time knowing what to do, I have mild aspergers so I am not always aware of the needs of others. I wish someone would ask me to do more service. I try to give the missionaries opportunities to serve, a thing I wish someone would do for me. I know some people are tired of being asked to help. NOT ME: please ask me to help you <3 

I have trouble walking, I have a walker outside when I walk around the city center etc. My back is sore, I have bad scoliosis and a squished disc in my back, both give me bad pains. Also my hips hurt and my balance is trash. I try to move as well as I can and lately I have been walking in church more without my walker, I sit a lot and walk slowly and with a kind of limp. I am still not useless: I write a lot, sometimes prepare lessons for our zoom meetings with different groups online. I have actually become a kind of volunteer journalist :D

I always want to help the missionaries, I rarely have to say no when they ask for help <3

Being able to help makes me sooo happy.

Missionaries are the best group of people in the world, they are on their best behavior, they want to help and serve everyone. They give me a lot of support too. I want to support them with all my abilities. My mom once said: "You are not good at keeping your house clean and are not the best and most diligent cooker of delicious meals, but you have a lot of other good qualities." I am grateful my mom sees my potential.

My help is more of an intelectual help lol :D I can write blogs, articles and sometimes even inspiring posts on facebook lol. I love writing. I was not considered a good writer in school... I felt like I was REALLY bad at it. Well, on my last exam before graduating high school was insteresting lol: My English essay in the finals was about my grandfathers dog and I got 95 points of 99 possible :O Now I don't think I am stupid anymore... I feel underestimated often. But even though I may not seem intelligent because my voice is gone and works on/off, I still can think and use my intellectual capacities :D I blog mostly in English. The missionaries taught me English since my early teens, actually I spoke a lot of English with them every since I was 12ish. The missionaries now help me keep up my skills :) Thank you, dear children <3 Plus my voice is working best in my "happy language" which is English. I read mostly in English and I even study my scriptures mostly in English.

Back in the day when I wanted to go on a real mission, I wanted to go to Canada :D I have also studied French in high school and a little at the university. So I could have served in the French speaking areas of Canada, that would have been awesome. Nowadays I get to use French from time to time and I notice I have not forgotten as much as I though lol....

I am kinda of an polyglot lol. I speak three languages (and read and write) fluently: Swedish (my mother tongue), Finnish and English. I also know a lot of French, German and a little Spanish and Danish. Because my city is very international, so is our ward and I get to speak many different languages most Sundays. I wish to use my talents when I am helping the missionaries.

The speed and skill the missionaries show when they learn Finnish (the third hardest language in the world) is AMAZING! :) They are all so smart! *proud momma* :D Some missionaries get the chance to serve in my hometown: Jakobstad/Pietarsaari and there they need to learn a little Swedish too :) Swedish is the third most easy language in the world... It is my first native language, Finnish is my second and English for me is pretty strong: thank you my teachers at school and the university teachers for 12 years in Stockholm, and of course the missionaries who helped me keep up and learn to speak English better and always help me use and learn a lot of useful words etc. I hope I don't sound like a dictionary or too formal... I think not :D I exclaimed "'SUP?!?" last Sunday to one of the elders lol.

That's all. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfers: Update

 Dear all,¨ I hope you are all doing well. I am really happy but I am so sorry I haven't updated this blog in a long time... There has been some changes. I mean transfers :D lol. I have spent a lot of time in my hometown Jakobstad. I have been so blessed and happy that my bonus son elder Stratford has served there for the past month. It is his final transfer :( I know. It is sad...  I have been so blessed and grateful to get to know elder Stratford. He has been a good example and a very nice friend and bonus son. He is a good example to everyone. He is very social and friendly. It is very hard to feel alone or unnoticed in his company. He makes people feel seen and appreciated. At least he has taken good care of me and been a great support and friend.  I hope we can meet in Utah next year, I am still planning on going there next summer.  We have got new missionaries to Tampere! :) Three new elders and one new sister! :) I am just getting to know them but at least they seem friendly

My trip to Finland's old capitol: TURKU and fun times with the missionaries...

  Good morning! :) How goes it? I am happy and I am going to the Temple today with my best friend from my ward... Anywhooo... I visited Turku/Åbo at the end of November. It was a blast. I spent four days in the old capitol of my country, which in my humble opinion should have been kept as the capitol... As a person from Tampere/Tammerfors I should maybe expected to NOT like Turku, but like my father - I do like Turku and have liked it for a long time. I stayed at my friends' place and they were so kind to me and I could "do my stuff" there in peace, like reading, writing and listening to music. I also loved attending the zoom -meetings that I had during my stay. My lovely friends are originally from Jyväskylä. We have known each other for years... Sorry, long intro... :D  I spent four fabulous days in Turku. On Thursday I arrived and didn't meet with the missionaries that day, I rested from my trip to Turku. I arrived in the morning. OK. Sorry for the long backstory.

Boss/Mom and her excellent children :)

 Good afternoon! This post is about two things: 1. How awesome missionaries are 2. How I am always on their side come what may SO. There has been a little break from last week's Tuesday until this week's Tuesday when I couldn't go to church or the activities at church. I had the flu... :( A little remnants still but almost okay now. I went to Game night this week on Tuesday. It was good. I spent a lot of time talking with one of the sisters and we played the piano for each other.. Then I also got a blessing because my anxiety has been acting up again. I must say, our elder Heaton is like a big brother, even to me! :) So wise and je ne sais quoi. Just a really good person. I am so grateful for all my bonus children.  I do not really remember if I told you in this blog that I am saving up money to go to Utah next year with my mom :) I have never been there. We have two relatives and their families living in Salt Lake City... I have like a billion children in Utah lol. Not a b