Skip to main content

Missionary friends in 2024

 Good morning from Finland! 

As usual, we have a new set of missionaries here in Tampere. They have been helping me a lot and we have had a lot of fun. We have an elder from Arizona, one from Chicago Illinois and of course Elder Flynn from Manchester, England. Yes, you read it correctly! Elder Flynn made it here! It is so nice. He used to serve in Jakobstad, where my parents and other relatives live. So when he left Jakobstad I told him I hope he comes to Tampere, and that he did. We are so happy that he is here. I appreciate the British accent. It is like chocolate for my ears. American English is more like a hamburger for my ears. lol. No, it's good. I did choose American English in school and at the University. It was a little easier for me because the missionaries spoke a lot of English with me. 

I use a wheelchair nowadays when I go outside and also at church. Elder Standage pushed me around at church yesterday, I will add a picture here. Then in the evening, my good old bonus son elder Heaton called!!! :D I am so happy. 

More later!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfers: Update

 Dear all,¨ I hope you are all doing well. I am really happy but I am so sorry I haven't updated this blog in a long time... There has been some changes. I mean transfers :D lol. I have spent a lot of time in my hometown Jakobstad. I have been so blessed and happy that my bonus son elder Stratford has served there for the past month. It is his final transfer :( I know. It is sad...  I have been so blessed and grateful to get to know elder Stratford. He has been a good example and a very nice friend and bonus son. He is a good example to everyone. He is very social and friendly. It is very hard to feel alone or unnoticed in his company. He makes people feel seen and appreciated. At least he has taken good care of me and been a great support and friend.  I hope we can meet in Utah next year, I am still planning on going there next summer.  We have got new missionaries to Tampere! :) Three new elders and one new sister! :) I am just getting to know them but at least they seem friendly

Boss/Mom and her excellent children :)

 Good afternoon! This post is about two things: 1. How awesome missionaries are 2. How I am always on their side come what may SO. There has been a little break from last week's Tuesday until this week's Tuesday when I couldn't go to church or the activities at church. I had the flu... :( A little remnants still but almost okay now. I went to Game night this week on Tuesday. It was good. I spent a lot of time talking with one of the sisters and we played the piano for each other.. Then I also got a blessing because my anxiety has been acting up again. I must say, our elder Heaton is like a big brother, even to me! :) So wise and je ne sais quoi. Just a really good person. I am so grateful for all my bonus children.  I do not really remember if I told you in this blog that I am saving up money to go to Utah next year with my mom :) I have never been there. We have two relatives and their families living in Salt Lake City... I have like a billion children in Utah lol. Not a b

My trip to Finland's old capitol: TURKU and fun times with the missionaries...

  Good morning! :) How goes it? I am happy and I am going to the Temple today with my best friend from my ward... Anywhooo... I visited Turku/Åbo at the end of November. It was a blast. I spent four days in the old capitol of my country, which in my humble opinion should have been kept as the capitol... As a person from Tampere/Tammerfors I should maybe expected to NOT like Turku, but like my father - I do like Turku and have liked it for a long time. I stayed at my friends' place and they were so kind to me and I could "do my stuff" there in peace, like reading, writing and listening to music. I also loved attending the zoom -meetings that I had during my stay. My lovely friends are originally from Jyväskylä. We have known each other for years... Sorry, long intro... :D  I spent four fabulous days in Turku. On Thursday I arrived and didn't meet with the missionaries that day, I rested from my trip to Turku. I arrived in the morning. OK. Sorry for the long backstory.